Friday, February 12, 2010

Communiques

So my daughter got sucked into the blogger vortex! HOW can we POSSIBLY keep up Facebook, Hotmail, AND blogging? Along with all the other projects that we are more or less consistently pursuing. Answer: not gonna happen. But I can tell you this, what we put our minds to, we do well. We are excellent. That's not bragging, it's fact. Just reading along in Daniel this morning, and realized my prayer wasn't "Lord make me excellent" it is "Lord make me MORE excellent". You've come a long way baby. My inner thought used to be, "Lord I am lower than dirt". Dad used to tell me to look in the mirror every day and tell myself I was a good person and I like me. Couldn't do it. Well, I still find that a bit.... silly? The point is, realize the inner truth you're really thinking about yourself. Then if it's negative, get rid of it! Take up a belief in something positive about yourself. Discard false humility and embrace the good and great that God put within you. Sure, it's not all good, but there's surely more good than bad! I recall that bloody cream pie incident. The fridge was full, I guess. The men ate the pie anyway, just as they ate the kamakazi pie my daughter created. Philosophical question: what is it with men and cream pies?? Send along your opinions. We (she and I) continue to make cream pies for men, as well as many other concoctions. Willingly and with joy on the part of the daughter/chef. Most unwillingly and with resignation on the part of the mama. Creations eated with greater or lesser degrees of gusto by men. I've stopped beating myself up over cooking failures or faliures to cook. I do not accept negative comments about my cooking. When I want critiquing, I ask and accept. Moans, complaints, suggestions for change-discarded. Don't like it? Cook it yourself. Works good. Harvest crews and construction crews tend to devour with delight. And so it should be. I've gotta go. Margherita pizza and squash soup for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment